WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR
TWO BOARD MEMBERS
TO JOIN THE LUPUS CANADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board is currently seeking Directors with expertise in Information Technology and Human Resources in the Not-For-Profit space. Our Board of Directors are a dedicated group of volunteers that work to gather and develop valuable resources for those living with lupus.
Lupus Canada is a national voluntary organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with lupus through advocacy, education, public awareness, support and research. Additional information about Lupus Canada is available online at www.lupuscanada.org
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter & resume to:
Leanne Mielczarek, Executive Director Email: email@example.com
BOARD OF DIRECTORS RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Adhere to the mission of the organization, which is to serve those living with lupus.
• Conduct their business in a spirit of service and excellence.
• Obtain resources as necessary to ensure the goals of the organization are met.
• Participate in the development and support the strategic direction and priorities of the organization.
• Develop both short- and long-term plans of action in support of the organization’s strategic direction and priorities.
• Attend virtual Board meetings (6-7 per year).
• Attend the Annual General Meeting (virtual).
• Attend the in-person Leadership meeting.
• Participate on Committees.
• Support, promote and attend (where applicable) Lupus Canada’s activities and mission.
Knowledge and skill set in either finance, advocacy, healthcare, information technology or human resources.
Commitment of approximately 10 hours per month.
Directors are elected to the Board for a term of 2 years and can be re-elected for subsequent terms.