Prep: 20 mins
Total: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ½ cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add onion and chicken broth; heat to simmering. Add frozen vegetables and seasonings. Heat until hot, stirring occasionally until almost all liquid is absorbed. Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto chicken mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.
The recipes used by Lupus Canada have been reviewed and approved by Heather Penney, Registered Dietitian.