Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small red chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 baby zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the basil, parsley, garlic, salt, chile and olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain well. Add the linguine to the bowl along with the sliced zucchini and toss. Add the 1/4 cup of grated cheese, toss again and serve in bowls, passing more cheese at the table.
Cooked tomato sauces are a great match with high-acid red grapes like Barbera and Sangiovese, but a raw tomato sauce such as this one calls for something more delicate, like a dry rosé.