Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts
- 24 ounces Brussels sprouts (about 8 cups), halved or quartered, if large
- 24 ounces grapes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- course salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup walnuts, tasted and coarsely chopped
- heat oven to 450 degrees. On 2-rimmed baking sheets, toss Brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 mins
- Drizzle each tray with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon. Toss in walnuts.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- ¼ C plain organic Greek yogurt or plain coconut yogurt
- 2 tbgrassfed butter, melted or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- Himalayan rock salt and fresh black pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 tb chopped fresh chives or rosemary
- 2-3tsp truffle oil, optional
- Place a steam basket into a medium sauce pan and add about 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil and carefully place the cauliflower florets into the steam basket. Cover and steam for 7-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender but not soggy. Remove from heat and carefully drain. Any excess water will make your “potatoes” watery and thin.
- Press the cooked cauliflower and roasted garlic through a potato ricer (alternately you can pulse in a food processor until smooth) into a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in the yogurt, butter or olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until completely combined. Garnish with rosemary or chives or drizzle with truffle oil, if using. Enjoy!
*Vegan and paleo if coconut yogurt, coconut nectar, and olive oil are used instead of Greek yogurt, honey, and butter.