Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Salmon is an excellent source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons bourbon
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan; cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions and 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.
Photo : Randy Mayor
Photo and recipe Source :
Roasted Vegetable Balsamic Chicken Wrap
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini, cut into thick slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 – 4oz chicken breasts
2 + 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tbsp fresh basil (I use Gourmet Garden fresh basil paste!)
salt and pepper
2 whole grain tortilla wraps (or GF wraps if needed!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, and ½ tsp italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken breast with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp italian seasoning, and the basil.
- Place the chicken on the same or a seperate baking sheet.
- Place everything in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Once cooled, sliced chicken and assemble wraps with roasted vegetables!
Photo: Danny Nicholson